Home Image Map

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wisdom for Wednesday - Be Strong and Courageous

Happy Wednesday! The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas always seems to fly by--even as the Title I teacher. I love seeing the Christmas things popping up around my building! 

I find I'm feeling some of the same feelings I had as a classroom teacher. I'm starting to worry that some of my kiddos are not progressing as much as I'd hoped. Others are making great strides, but there is always that sense of...fear. 

Am I doing enough? 
What more could I try?

That sense of fear is something that can creep up into all sorts of life's situations (as I'll share shortly), and it inspired this week's Wisdom post.


These last few weeks, the Lord has been prompting me to begin writing another Bible study. I have to admit to you that I have been putting it off. There is just something completely overwhelming about staring at that empty page in my word processing document.

As I sat down the other day and actually started typing what ended up being a letter to my "readers," the Lord began to show me what was at the root of my hesitation.

Fear.

Doubts.

Even as I typed them--in essence admitting my fear and doubts about my ability to write a Bible study*--He began to reassure me.

*You may be thinking, "But you already wrote one!" Can I just tell you that it still scares me to death?

First with His Word. He reminded me of Joshua. He too was afraid of failing, but the Lord continued to reassure him over and over again. Multiple times, God commanded Joshua to be strong and courageous. 

Then with His people. In one week, I received so many reassuring messages from people who had no idea the struggle I was having! Random people! People I didn't even know were doing my first study just happened to message me and let me know how the Lord was using it in their lives. I have no doubt that it was God at work, prompting them to contact me to give me the encouragement I needed. Prompting me to be strong and courageous!

And now, I want to prompt you. Whatever the Lord has called you to do (teaching kiddos to read? :-)), be strong and courageous! :-)



Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua 1:9

Oh, and about that first study, I'm having a Christmas special when you order directly from me. Check it out here (and enter the giveaway)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.