Home Image Map

Saturday, February 4, 2017

100th Day, Place Value, Read to Someone and I Have Who Has?

We celebrated the 100th day of school on Tuesday.  The kids were so excited.  For the 100th day, we dress up like we are 100 years old.  The kids always look so cute and they play the part well.  I had one that just made me laugh because when we were in reading groups, I said spoons in the bowl and in an old lady voice she said, "Where's my bowl?"  I couldn't help myself from laughing!  Here they are:




I told them that we couldn't do our normal Gonoodle since we were 100 years old, so instead we did a chair exercise break!  :-)



This week, we have been working on place value and being able to find the number in the ones place and the tens place.  After going over it, we played a game called swat it.  I had the students think of a 2 digit number and write it on their desks (I love it because we have desks that we can write on with dry erase markers).  Once they wrote the number on their desk, I played a place value song and they walked around like musical chairs.  When the music stopped they found a desk and I called out either ones or tens place and they had to swat the number in that place.  If they got it right, then they stayed in the game and if they got it wrong, they had to sit out.  It was a lot of fun and a fun way to practice place value.



I have to say that these 1st graders are rockin in read to someone in Daily 5.  I was able to snap a couple of pictures of some of them!



In small groups, we have been playing some of our I Have Who Has Games.  Every time I get them out, the kids say "Oh, I love this game!"  I love it because they love it and they are having fun and learning at the same time.  We have been practicing and then timing our game and trying to see if they can beat their score each day.



I hope all of you had a great week and have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.