Home Image Map

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday - Weakness and His Strength


Good morning! I hope you're having a great week!

Today's wisdom post has a lot to do with how I am feeling as a teacher right now. We are on day 14 of school. I always feel overwhelmed at the beginning of the year. I grow weary of arriving bright and early before my contract time and not feeling like I accomplish anything. I struggle to figure out my new kiddos, my new schedule, and my new routine. To say that this time of year makes me fully aware of my weaknesses (at school and at home as I try to juggle teaching, coaching, writing, momming, and wifing--so the last two are made up words, but you know what I mean!) is a complete and total understatement.

This year that is especially true.

In my small district and school, I am usually more than willing to send paras down to the Kindergarten or the first grade room as they are adjusting to school and getting into their routines. I'm usually "okay" handling my own classroom until things settle down and we actually know where the paras will be needed.

This year it is different.
This year I had to admit that I needed help.

This year I have a super sweet, amazingly smart autistic kiddo (in addition to two other special needs students). I have never taught a student with autism, so I am desperately trying to learn more about it. I have had to admit my weakness in this area to the more experienced and knowledgeable staff around me.

I say all that to say this...


I'm so thankful for the Strength the Lord has given me the last few weeks--and I'm sure I'm not done giving Him my weaknesses!

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

II Corinthians 12:9



1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.