Home Image Map

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Reading Groups, Birdie Art, Hail Storm and Too Much to Do!

 Hey there!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

I finally remembered to take enough pictures to link up with Kacey from Doodlebugs for Five for Friday again!


1

I love this time of year... My second graders are becoming quite independent and we are in need of "mixing things up" a bit. 

I have them read our main story as a group. I give them a list of questions to guide discussion and they take turns being the teacher as they read. It is fun to wander and listen in on their conversations. They even raise their hands as they wait to be called on by the "teacher!"




2
We had a crazy hail storm the other day right after school. 



3

I thought these birds were a little too simple for second grade, but they were so cute I couldn't resist! Turns out the kids loved making them anyway!



4

This is what happens when you have a particularly draining week...


Those are mostly writing notebooks...but it represents the amount of work I brought home because I couldn't even think about doing anything yesterday after school. :-(

5 

And finally, my to-do list for today...


Isn't it sad?

Notice the 'Buddy plays @ 5' is in my husband's handwriting.

All morning before I had to leave, I was asking, "What time does Buddy play?" Buddy being Buddy Hield who plays for Oklahoma. Final Four is tonight and since my Jayhawks are out, I'll be cheering for OU. And yes, I call all my favorite players by their first name as if I know them! ;-)

Anyway, when I left without my list (to work concessions at a Forensics meet which I didn't put on the list), I asked my husband to send me a picture and he had added that for me. LOL!

Where will you be at 5?

I'll be in front of the TV cheering for Buddy!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
 
P.S. No throwing rotten tomatoes, but someone told me yesterday we only have 29 more days of school! WHAT!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Rotten tomato coming your way...29 days?!!! #jealous!
    I love 2nd grade. I moved to 4th grade this year and realized how much of my heart I left behind in 2nd grade. I hope to get back there soon!!
    So what did your littles do with the birds?? They are PRECIOUS!

    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Blog
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments TPT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all the testing this week, I just had to get out there on Friday afternoon, too! As much as I try to avoid it, sometimes you just have to take stuff home.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.