Home Image Map

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hotshots, Whacky Watches, Counting Races and More!

Hey there! I hope you're having a great weekend.

I spent 6ish hours at the school today. Ugh! 

But I accomplished so much, I can't be too upset...

Dinner's in the oven, so I can finally prop my feet up and relax blog for a few minutes. ;-) I'm linking up with Doodlebugs again.


My students were rocking our HOTSHOTS this week. They were so excited that our "Number of the Day" is in the thousands now!

I am absolutely loving these this year! We only do them 2-3 times a week, so I've been able to jump ahead as needed for the skills we're working on. Seriously...my favorite thing Kristi and I have created.  

Thanks to The Teacher Idea Factory we had counting races this week. Tons of great ideas in the post I've linked for whole group math games. Check it out!

We worked on telling time again. This time to the minute. These Whacky Watches were a hit (she has them to the 5 minute too)! My kiddos love using QR codes and I love that they can check their own work. ;-)

 
On Thursdays during Daily 5, I always try to allow some game time in my groups. This week we played "I Have...Who Has...?" I think we should be playing more! The kids love it. They become familiar with our sight words from our reading series. There really is no downside. I've got to make time to play it more often--especially for my lower groups. If you're looking for some games, we have plenty in our TPT store.
 
And finally, this is what awaited me this morning. I just had to get out of there yesterday...no focus...even if I did only have a few minutes before having to leave for our basketball game anyway.

I was able to get it all cleaned up (no pic, but I promise I did) and get all of my reading copies and plans done for the next six weeks. I also took a bunch of those online classes we have to do (think bullying, slips and falls, etc.), cleaned out my e-mail box, and made some parent phone calls!

 It feels good to be caught up!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.