Home Image Map

Friday, August 14, 2015

My Last Free Friday--Excited, Nervous, and a Little Sad!

Today marks the end of summer vacation for me! 
I report back to work on Monday. 
My husband says I have two more days, but I don't count weekends because I wouldn't be working then anyway!

I'm excited, nervous, and a little sad.


I'm excited to have my new bunch of 2nd graders and get this 2015-2016 school year underway!

I'm excited that I am NOT teaching K-2 music this year! Woohoo! I'm so sorry for those of you who follow this blog for all my fantastic music ideas--kidding! If you've followed us long, you know I have never felt qualified to teach music. Our new 1st grade teacher is taking music during our specials rotation. Hip Hip Hooray!

I'm excited that I am teaching K-2 Science/Social Studies this year during our specials rotation!

I'm excited that I am the assistant high school volleyball coach!

I'm excited that both my children will be in high school--which will make it easier on our activities schedule.


I'm nervous to have my new bunch of 2nd graders--you know what I mean!

I'm nervous to teach K-2 Science/Social Studies!

I'm nervous to coach volleyball! 
I've done basketball the last two years, but you have a couple of months to get into school routine before having to rush out of the classroom for practice. I'm going to have to be super organized!

I'm nervous about the way I rearranged my room and hope it works for us!

I'm nervous to have my new bunch of 2nd graders--this is listed twice for a reason!
I had such an easy bunch last year...hoping I haven't forgotten how to handle a more challenging class.


I'm a little sad because I won't be able to take my time getting ready in the morning!

I'm a little sad because my kids will both be in high school this year!
And they're both driving--maybe that should go in the nervous section.

This is Teenage Driver #2--just got her permit and passed with a better score than Teenage Driver #1. ;-)
This is Teenage Driver #1 showing how he feels about taking a backseat for Teenage Driver #2 to practice.
I'm a little sad because I won't be able to spend as much time with my family or enjoying the simple things in life!




Have a blessed day!


4 comments:

  1. I totally get your nervousness about your new class. I had a dreamy crew last year too. I hope all those strategies I've used in the past that I didn't need last year will come back to me this year. I've a feeling I'll need them. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I'm getting them figured out--slowly and surely. ;-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get a wonderful class:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! I am enjoying them--challenges and all!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.