Home Image Map

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday - Trust

Good morning! 

I've been so excited to actually be at home this week. And when I called about district jury duty, I'm off for at least another week. That means that next week, I'll be home too! Woohoo! 


I have been spending a lot of time in the Word. It's so much easier to do when I'm not on the run all day, every day!

Late last week, I found myself getting a little anxious and worried. The Lord led me to this verse, which promptly became my memory verse for the week!

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
~Psalm 5:11~

Isn't that an awesome verse? 

If I will just trust in God, He will defend me. I don't need to worry about defending myself. Now that is cause for rejoicing, shouting for joy, being ever joyful! 


The problem, of course, is my tendency to want to "do something" instead of trust. I hope I'm not alone! 

Chambers goes on to say, "We mistake panic for inspiration." 

Have you ever considered that God doesn't panic? 

He knows about the things we are facing before we are even faced with them! He even knows the outcome, how the story ends. 

How can we not trust Him?


4 comments:

  1. That is a good verse! :) Patience in God's timing is very hard! I'm very thankful that He's got it all planned out, though, and that He already knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful! Just have to remind myself sometimes! :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. We are a do something kind of people, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.