Home Image Map

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday Rerun - Swamped!

Good morning! 

As I sat down to work on today's Wisdom post, I ran across this one from last year. It was a great reminder for me as I start into the back-to-school craziness (about 3 weeks to go...). I know from the posts I'm seeing that a lot of you are already back to work, so I thought it might be helpful to you also.

So here's a little "wisdom" from August 20, 2014:


Tonight I will be meeting my kiddos as they bring in their school supplies and tomorrow will be it--first day with my kiddos!

Yikes!

That's why I thought this would be the perfect bit of wisdom for me today!



Can I get an amen?

I know this quote goes with many others I have posted about priorities, embracing the day, and keeping things in perspective, but that is because it is one of my biggest personal challenges.

I can't help it! 

When I see a quote that reminds me not to be overwhelmed with the here and now, it speaks to me every. single. time.
(By the way, where did that period in the middle of a sentence thing start? It must be a bloggy thing because I have found myself wanting to do it lately, and it must be from reading blogs. I've resisted until now because it is not grammatically correct and I am a perfectionist, you know...)

This is a perfect reminder for me as I begin this school year. I love the way it is worded. The word refuse implies that I have a choice (and I do). I also like the word swamped...so fitting for how I feel much of the time.

I wonder...

In order to refuse to be swamped...could it mean that I might have to say "no" more often? 

And as for those things that I don't have an option to say "no" to, could it be that I can choose not to be swamped by them?

I think if I keep my focus on the Lord where it should be, the answer to both questions is yes. 

What about you?



3 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT quote for beginning of the year:)
    And wow! I can't believe school is starting for you today. Though I guess you got out at the end of May. We go back around September 7th (not quite sure -- haha) but our hols didn't start 'til very end of June.
    Hope your first day back was lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, Barb! This was from last year. :-) I start August 20th. Thanks for stopping by today--I hope the quote sticks with you even though you don't go back for OVER a month. Ha ha! Enjoy it!

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Refuse is a good word. There are probably a lot of things I should refuse to entertain.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.