Home Image Map

Monday, July 13, 2015

Must Read Monday: Books About Compassion and Caring


I have linked up with:

http://kindergartenplanet.blogspot.com/2015/07/must-read-monday-books-about-teaching.html

http://kindergartenplanet.blogspot.com/2015/07/must-read-monday-books-about-teaching.html

I love this linky because I have gotten so many great ideas of new books that I want to use in the classroom this coming year.  Here are the books that I like to read to teach caring and compassion.

1.  

This is a great book about a boy who has a favorite Teddy Bear and one day he loses it.  In the end, it teaches a great lesson of compassion.

2.  


This is a cute book that has an elderly zoo keeper that gets sick and all the animals go see him and cheer him up.
3.  

This book is about a bird that wakes up and finds out that all of his friends and family are gone.  With the help of a friendly cat, he finds his way to his friends and family. 

4.  

In this book, Bear gets sick and all his friends come over to take care of him.

5.  

The boy in this book finds an injured pigeon.  With the help of his mom, he takes the pigeon home to nurse it back to health.  

Make sure you link up and share your favorite books about compassion and caring!








8 comments:

  1. You shared some really amazing books!! I love Amos and Bear, and I have heard really great things about South and How to Heal a Broken Wing. The Teddy Bear is a new one one me!!! Thank you so very much for sharing your favorite books, I loved reading about them! Now I have a few more to add to my Wish List! P.S. - Your blog is adorable, I love all the colors and your theme!!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  2. South! This is a great book...virtually wordless if I'm remembering correctly...with such a darling message. I am so glad you included it in the compassion list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amos McGee, it's one of my favorites! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You shared some sweet books. Some are new to me today, but I see a theme and so I need to find these books for my own classroom. Thanks for linking up with us!
    Suzanne
    Kindergarten Planet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I have not read "The Teddy Bear" or "South" - I definitely need to add those to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had "how to heal a broken wing" on my wish list for a long time. Sounds like I need to go ahead and purchase it! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog name! How to Heal A Broken Wing definitely sounds like a title that little ones could connect too...we're nursing a baby bird back to health in my house as we speak. :)

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.