Home Image Map

Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday - Classroom Prep, Videos, and Stitch Fix

Hey there! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again for Five for Friday. 


1

I did it!

I actually went to my classroom and stayed there this time--despite the mess that awaited me.

I'm pretty excited about the things I got accomplished. Here's a peek:

A - Smart Tags prepped--yes, I changed the name. It is a play on making "Smart" choices and it fits my classroom better than the more common name. I made some of them, but most are from Lucky Little Learners.

B - Prepped my "Dealing with Math Homework" instruction cards (Amanda Madden). You can see how I use them in my classroom here and find links to Amanda's post about them.

C - My son got in on the action with the bulletin board. He was actually finished already, but had to pose. Ha!

D - I got my Math Helpers printed and laminated. I love these things!

2

I made a back-to-school video for my kids! It tells them about making an "About Me Bag" and I shared mine so they could get to know me. Be kind--it is for them so who cares if I'm a bit of a dork! At least that is what I keep telling myself. :-)


3


I've been meaning to share my graphics and fonts binder for awhile now and never got around to uploading pictures. Then I decided this would be easier. Plus I haven't made you a video since last summer!




4

My first Stitch Fix was awesome! Too awesome! I asked for all tops in this fix (you can do that, request certain things). 
My stylist definitely used my Pinterest style board and sent me things I had pinned.
I loved every piece and really wanted to keep them all! 
I would have, too, except for this black beauty.
Dry clean only with a price tag of $78. I just couldn't do it. I knew I needed to send it back. But if I bought all five, I was going to get a $75 discount which would make it practically free. 

So then I knew I had to send something else back or it just didn't make sense. So I chose to send back the cardigan. Then I realized that for $40 more, I could keep both so I had to send one more thing back or it just didn't make any sense to send anything back! So I chose to send back this striped top also.
I think I am going to request that they send me the cardigan again and the striped top in black and gray (if possible)...like I said I really liked them so it was hard to send them back! The cardigan especially--because it was a color I wouldn't have picked for myself  which is kind of why I wanted to try Stitch Fix (to get out of my comfort zone).
That left me with my two absolute favorites that I just couldn't part with and it was more friendly on my wallet too. :-)
I have never even tried on polka dots before - LOVE this! 
I had pinned this one...knew I would like it. AWESOME!
I'm so excited about my first fix, I already scheduled my next one for September. You can choose to have a fix as often as you like, but with my budget every other month should be about right.

If you're like me...fashion challenged and hate shopping or if you just want a little push out of your comfort zone, you might want consider it.

**Disclaimer: If you use the links here and end up scheduling your first fix, I will receive a one-time $25 credit. I'd very much appreciate it, but of course, it is not necessary. If you don't want to give me credit, just type in their web address and go for it!**

Also, no need to worry that this is going to become a fashion blog because while I enjoyed using their style cards and trying on the outfits, I did not enjoy the pictures! Ha! I won't be doing that again!

5



So this happens this weekend--starts tomorrow! Stop back by to see what goodies we are giving away. :-)

Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. I'm sitting in a quiet motel room while the rest of my family sleeps, so I can't check out your videos - but I'm sure they're great. Glad your room is coming together and the fix looks nice! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! I hope you're enjoying some R & R and family time. :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Kuddos to you for making the videos, so brave! I'm doing good to get a Periscope done. Those at least disappear after so many hours! I love the idea of creating a clip art binder! Managing all the stuff I have can sometimes get overwhelming, so I may need to create a binder. Happy classroom decorating! :)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Periscope makes me more nervous--no editing! I think you'd love the binder!

      Crystal

      Delete
  3. Love the video. Good idea. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is talking about this Stitch Fix thing all of sudden! I've gotta look into this! :)

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It is crazy! It took me a year to get up the courage to actually schedule a fix. Now I know I should have done it earlier!

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.