Home Image Map

Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday--B2S Panic, Periscope Ugh, and Dollar Spot Disappointment!

Happy Friday, Friends!


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday to give you a peek at my week!

1


Confession! 

I am an end of the year "stuffer!" I stuff things on these shelves--up and out of the way for the cleaners--instead of putting things where they belong. :(


Every year, I try to talk myself into not being a "stuffer," but it hasn't worked yet. 

I've been seeing all these classroom setup pictures, so I thought I'd go in and just take a peek at what awaited me. I snapped this picture and then RAN away...FAR, FAR away!

2

#DollarSpotDisappointment


Why, oh why?

This is what awaits me when I go to my closest Target--45 minutes away--after seeing all the great teacher finds on Instagram.

I have to know... 
Does yours look like this?
Do you dig for those golden treasures?

3



I did buy this at Target. Today I'm busy turning it into a family calendar for a new "command center" project I'm working on at home.

4

I finished my Monsters Theme Classroom Decor Pack this week!


I love how it turned out--especially this preview!

I made it with Picasa after watching Amy's tutorial (Step into 2nd Grade). It was so much easier than making a collage in PowerPoint! 

I mean, seriously. 

This topic made me sign up for Periscope. 
I still missed it--but thankfully Amy put it on her blog! 
Thanks, Amy!

I have since tried to watch some other periscopes.

I don't like it...at all!

I know it is all the rage, and maybe I'll warm up to it.

But right now, I would much prefer to read it in a blog or watch a video where the presenter (and me) isn't distracted by the hearts and comments. 

Is that awful?

Please, I mean no offense to those who are loving it. 
I can see the interaction part could be fun...
Maybe I'm just too easily distracted!

Moving on... 




This preview was made in PowerPoint...before I knew the Picasa trick. I really like how this one turned out, but it took WAY longer than Picasa.

5

Last, but certainly not least...

Disclosure: If you are interested in scheduling a "fix," I will receive $25 credit if you use the links in this post--which I would very much appreciate! :-)

I finally did it! 
I scheduled my first Stitch Fix.

I actually signed up for Stitch Fix over a year ago, but I have been too chicken to schedule one!

I know it will be pricey--which scares me--but considering I hate to shop and struggle with fashion, I'm hoping it will be worth it!

I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I tend to be a stuffer too. I start out with good intentions but end up running out of time and just stuff. :)
    Guess I'm going to have to hop over and watch Amy's video.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! The end of the year just gets so crazy, everything piles up, and I just want to get out of there. LOL! Oh well...I'm always motivated to get organized this time of year. ;-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. I am always disappointed in the "deals". I actually used to follow all these deal blogs and then realized I either spent more money buying the "deals" or else got really disappointed that I couldn't get the "deal". I sometimes feel the same when I see people post cute Target items.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.