Home Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

Whole Brain Scoreboard ????

I started to use some whole brain in my classroom last year.  I never incorporated the scoreboard because I have always done points in the classroom.  My points are boys vs. girls and class vs. Mrs. Torrey.  Here's how I've used it:

Example:  When they come in the room whoever is the quietest gets a point.  If it is both the boys and girls then the boys, girls, and class get a point.  If both are talking etc. then I get a point.  We keep track of points all week and at the end of the week, we see who got the most points.  There is no prizes etc., just for fun to see who gets the most points for the week.

If you have read my blogs in the past, you know that I have a hard time with change.  So, when I saw the scoreboard....I immediately said to myself....no need to do that because I already do points in the classroom.  Well, now that I'm looking at it closer, I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial and helpful than my points in the classroom.  

So, I am wanting to know if anyone uses it?  How do you use it?  Do you find it helpful?  I would love to hear your thoughts before I make a change and implement it into the classroom.  

Hope you have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.