Home Image Map

Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer Bucket List and A Day to Remember...

Well, since Kristi linked up her summer bucket list, I thought I should do it too. I decided to link up with fellow Kansas blogger, Katie over at Mind Sparks. So here it is:


Sorry the graphic is not very clear...does anyone else have that problem?

Anyway, here goes:

1. Finish the devotional book I've been writing! If you've followed our blog very long, you know that I have been writing this book for the last couple of summers! And yes, I will finish this summer...finally! I am on the home stretch...praise the Lord!

2. Make a middle school memory book for my son. When I stayed at home with my kiddos, I was big into scrapbooking. Then I went back to work and got way, way, way behind. So instead of try to 'catch up,' I'm going to focus on his middle school years before he goes into high school!

3. Clean out and organize my buffet. This kind of goes along with the memory book. Instead of a buffet with dishes in it, I have a buffet with pictures, grade cards, and other sentimental 'stuff.' I already started this project and have things more organized--woohoo!

4. Make up a curriculum map for 2nd grade. This is my only teaching goal this summer. I'm really trying to take some time off because I felt like I worked all summer last year to get ready for my new position. I have a draft of the curriculum map complete, but I need to finish it up and correlate the standards to it for my professional development goal this year.

5. Soak up the summer sun and enjoy time with friends and family. Does that even need an explanation? ;-) First up is a Pinterest party that Kristi and I are putting together for some teacher friends!

As for today, I saw this quote on Facebook and thought it was perfect for Memorial Day:


I hope you enjoy time with friends and family today--and also take time to remember...

Crystal

2 comments:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.