Home Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wisdom for Wednesday - Rest

Good morning! Here's a little...


Last week after conferences Wednesday and Thursday, I was so excited to have Friday off...a chance to rest up and do absolutely nothing. As it turned out, I did just that for the entire weekend due to a bad cold. I woke up Friday and felt awful...literally spent all day in bed or on the couch. Then again Saturday...and Sunday. Not quite what I had planned.
 
It seems this happens to me quite frequently on my vacations from school. I think the Lord knows that I need to rest, and I'm stubborn enough not to do it on my own. :-)
 
The rest in this week's quote doesn't really have to do with our physical rest--but our spiritual rest--in the midst of our busy lives and the trials we may face. I'd like to think I am better at resting spiritually (than physically), but this quote makes me wonder...am I guilty of letting the things "without" affect my resting in the Lord?
 
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him...
Psalm 37:7
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty for sure. The without stuff can get in the way.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.