Home Image Map

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wisdom for Wednesday - J-O-Y

J-O-Y
Down in my heart...
 
 
Deep, deep down in my heart...

 
Jesus put it there...
And nothing can destroy it...
 
I just love that song from when I was a kid. Every time I think of joy, I start to sing it! You should see the looks I get in public...just kidding. I will admit I have broken out into this song in class before and some of my students look at me as if I've grown two heads. Ha!
 
Anyway, I've always known there is a big difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is temporary. It can be with you one minute and gone the next depending upon your circumstances.
 
The joy of the Lord, however, goes deeper than our circumstances. It is based on Him and our relationship with Him...and just as this quote suggests...that kind of J-O-Y becomes our strength!
 
Now go ahead...sing the song...and don't forget the actions! ;-)
 
...the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words of wisdom! I REALLY needed to hear them today!! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristi and Crystal! I stumbled upon your blog from the 2nd grade list with Caffeine and Lesson Plans. I am a 2nd grade teacher from Minnesota and LOVE your pipe cleaner/tin foil team building idea! I can't believe how many different creations were made with just those simple items! I am doing this next week for sure! I'm looking forward to reading more posts this year as I am now your newest follower!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Glad to have you as a follower and I hope the team building goes well!

      Crystal

      Delete
  3. I know the song well. I've been focusing on joy this month, although it hasn't been easy. "...that your joy may be full." I keep coming back to that. Thank you for another wonderful reminder.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you Crystal. Don't let anyone take your JOY!!!!!
    Be strong in the LORD and keep the faith and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.