Home Image Map

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It - Blog Planner, READ letters, and Sight Words!!!

We're teaming up on this post this week, because we both have some Monday Made-Its to share!
 
Blog Planner!
 
I was inspired by The Eager Teacher to make my own blog planner. Now we're going to have to make one for Kristi too. :-)
Check it out:
 
Cover (and dividers - not pictured) from The Eager Teacher.

Weekly Blog Planning Sheet from here. Mine are black and white because I'm cheap - LOL! Sara at The Eager Teacher also had a monthly calendar, but I decided I didn't need that.

 
My planner has the weekly section (26 pages, front to back), followed by an idea section (10 pages, front to back) from here:
 
 
The last section I added was a products section. Sara at The Eager Teacher had a great printable for this, but I just wanted some blank note pages where I could scribble some notes (10 pages).
 
I took my planner to Office Max and had them bind it for about $4.00! Love it!
 
Next up, I finally got my READ letters done. I have the perfect place to hang these in my room. I was boring and used the same scrapbook paper on all the letters!
 
Turn your letter over and trace on the back of your scrapbook paper with a pencil.

Cut it out - I used a craft knife (super sharp).


Put mod podge on the wooden letters, lay your cut-outs on and press down. I didn't want to mod podge over mine...all done!

Inexpensive and cute! Four wooden letters at Wal-Mart ($1.77 each). I already had the scrapbook paper and the mod podge.

Sight Word Connect Four Pack!

Our class played a lot of connect four games last year.  I was worried that the kiddos would get tired of them.  We would play them at least once a week to review our words and sounds that we were working on.  I was very excited when at the end of the year, they were still begging me to play them. 

So, I was thinking of what I could make to play the first weeks of school with the kids.  I decided that we are always working on our sight words and this would be a great fun way for them to learn and practice all sight words.  I made up a sight word connect four pack that includes all 220 dolch sight words.  It includes 16 connect four games that cover the sight words from pre-primer to third grade.  I am very excited to use this game the first couple of weeks with the kiddos to practice up on our sight words. 
Click the picture to check it out!


 

Don't forget to link up with Tara for Monday Made-It!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I've been envious of all the READs I've seen around. Yours is cute too. Maybe some day I'll take the plunge and make my own. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute connect four! I'm always looking at fun ways to get my kiddos to practice their sight words- flash cards are soooo boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made R E A D litters this week, too. :) Yours turned out super cute. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog planner!! Your read letters came out cute!! I have them on my to-do list too :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am almost finished with my READ letters that I was working on today. I will post about them soon. I love your connect four idea with sight words at the beginning of the year. I have placed it in my cart. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.