Home Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Writing Bulletin Board!!!

Place Value Boot Camp is going great! I know Kristi is going to share some pictures when she blogs this weekend, but I'll just say it has been fun and (best of all) it seems to be working! Hooray!
 
I wanted to share some pictures of the bulletin board we did for our "First Grade Authors." They did a great job with their narrative writing. I tried to get some pictures with illustrations then get a little closer so you could read their super cute stories. Check them out:








 
 

I have to tell you about this last one... I brainstormed with each student individually to make sure their story had a plot (LOL!) using the Sombody Wanted But So strategy. The little girl who wrote this one came up with a very simple, unexciting story when she was with me. I ended up telling her to go pick her favorite out of her Writer's Notebook and copy it because they were far better than when I "helped" her!
 
Happy Wednesday! Tomorrow is "Friday" for us. We have self-directed staff development on Friday, which means time to work in our rooms! Yippee!
 
Crystal
 



2 comments:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.