Home Image Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Prize Box Question

I spent all day yesterday trying to get things in order to be ready to go on my trip to Colorado.  I think I have everything ready-I hope anyways.  I was a little disappointed because we have started to hit the triple digits in heat here in Kansas.  So, I thought I bet Colorado is going to be a lot cooler.  I was wrong-my friend called and said that it was going to be triple digits there as well.  Oh well, at least there will be mountains to see.  :-)

Today I started thinking again about school.  Crystal and I have been thinking about getting rid of our prize box and doing something different this next year.  We have been searching for ideas and I looked some more today and found some really neat stuff.  One of them is the following from Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations:


http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/2011/09/behavior-coupon-freebie.html?showComment=1340736574253#c4382575764499225674


I also came across this neat idea as well at First Grade Fever:


http://first-grade-fever.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-my-classroom-pictures-my.html

Anyone else do something like this and if so, how does it work in your classroom?  Or do you do something else in place of a prize box?  Excited to find out what you do. 

Hope you have a great week and weekend!  Kristi

5 comments:

  1. I love these ideas. I did a treasure box last year... but I'd like to get rid of it. I'm unsure how my kids would react. I mean it's a strict rule in my class that they don't ask for treats/prizes and they are grateful, but I want them to still be just as excited about the prize, you know?

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I want them to be excited about it as well, but also want to get rid of the prize box. Thanks for replying-keep us updated on how it goes for you.

      Delete
  2. I saw this idea floating around Pinterest and I was planning on implementing it in my classroom. I have had a classroom store for the last few years, but it is just soooo much work! I think the kids will still really enjoy this type of reward system regardless of the fact that I'm doing away with my classroom store. This is on my long To-Do list of projects to accomplish this summer. I will be posting about it as soon as it is finished! I am interested in seeing what you do with it... :)

    I am your newest follower and would like to give you the One Lovely Blog Award! Visit my blog to get it! :) Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

    Hope you have a great trip!

    ~Sara~
    Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely leaning in this direction next year too! I like the idea of these fun prizes & think it will be a great behavior tool, instead of giving candy all of the time or treasure box.
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.