Home Image Map

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Field Trip to the Zoo = Sleeping Kids!

Whew! We are exhausted! Today was our big field trip to the zoo. We left at 8:30 this morning and headed to the zoo (about 45 minutes away). It was such a fun day. I had one in my group who wore a watch and decided to be the official "time-keeper" for us. He told me the time at least every two minutes - seriously! LOL! There was a few times when he would say, "It's 10:26" and a few seconds later, "It's still 10:26." Kristi and I had a lot of good laughs today!

Here's what some of the kids looked like on the way home... I had 6 go to sleep. Kristi had 0 go to sleep...our classes are so different! Glad no one snapped our picture because we probably looked just as tired, but I promise I did not fall asleep on the bus. :-)



Quite a difference from when we left... Our 10 day balloon countdown had "1st graders are so bright, we have to wear shades." Kristi and I bought them all sunglasses (party favor aisle) and gave them to wear on the field trip. They were so excited.



Oh, and here's one picture of fun at the zoo. You'll notice the timekeeper pointing to our twins. Kristi and I each have one of the twins so we teamed  up so they could walk together. They are such cuties!



TWO more days! Tomorrow we're cleaning in the morning, then having an AR party - watch a movie and floats. Friday is Field Day!

I know some of you have more days left, so hang in there!

Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I love the sunglasses! I can imagine how excited they were! :) We went on a field trip to the zoo this year also & it definitely wears them out, lol!

    I would love if you stop by my blog sometime!,
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that feeling after a long zoo trip when everyone sits down on the bus and it falls silent! Best time to take pictures for graduation/memory books ;)

    Jessica Stanford
    mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.