Home Image Map

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rudolph the Red Nosed...Teacher and Common Core Grade Cards

Okay, so I look like Rudolph! I am not kidding! I have a horrible cold that has caused me to blow my nose every 2 minutes (okay, it feels like it, maybe it is more like 5). I feel a bit better today so maybe I am on the mend. And no, I will not be posting a picture!
:-)


Anyway, yesterday we had district-wide grade level meetings so Kristi and I had subs for the afternoon and we went and met with the other first grade teachers in our district. Our main focus was grade cards for next year and how they will reflect the Common Core Standards. Ugh! Quite a project...and I still don't think we are finished.


So, I'm wondering, have you had a part in revising your grade cards to reflect Common Core? If so, how in the world did you condense it down to something a parent will be able to understand and want to know!!!?!?!?!?! Do you even do a standards-based grade card?


We'd love to hear from you about how your grade cards look (and if you've made changes because of Common Core).


And by the way, it has been an awful day here. Coming back to bad reports from my "spies" about my students' behavior while I was gone makes me upset - especially when they all said they did GREAT! The sub left a short and sweet, "Great class!" But I had others watching who knew I would not be pleased. Oh, how I wish I could teach them to show good character!


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.