Home Image Map

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Being gone...and Grades


When you’re a teacher, being gone is so much harder than going to work – even if you’re sick! I’ve been battling a sinus infection for weeks (months really) and went into the doctor (again) Friday afternoon. This time we are trying 3 weeks of antibiotics. Yikes! I’ve never taken so much medicine in my life. I decided to stay home yesterday and get some rest to aid in the recovery process. After today, I’m thinking I should have just gone to work!!! I feel like I’m so far behind – and our grades are due on Monday! Good thing we don’t have kiddos on Friday so I can get them finished up. We have Friday to work on grade cards and prepare for parent/teacher conferences.
Instead of plunging into another week of reading, we are taking that time to review and get some grade card testing done (running records, specific skill tests, etc.). I’m curious, fellow bloggers, do you do grades each nine weeks or just at semester? Do you set aside a week to do grade card testing or squeeze it into your schedule?
At my school, we do grade cards each nine weeks with conferences in the fall and spring. I seem to take more time for testing before conferences…guess I want to be prepared with plenty of data to back up the grades that I will be showing to parents.
One positive of being gone, my kiddos seemed so happy to see me this morning and gave me an extra jolly, “Good morning, Mrs. Ratcliff,” as I greeted them each at the door. That just makes me smile. J Of course, I missed them too and wondered how they were doing without me…though that could be because I am a bit of a control freak (I hesitantly admit).
Hope you have a blessed day!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.